Skip to main content

July 10 - Au Revoir


I had really meant to write a more detailed post on my last day/night in France. But turns out there is such a thing as too much red wine! Blame that on this erratic picture on my blog today. After a big long lunch with Patricia and Céline, the yoga teachers of Bergerac I have spoken about earlier on this blog, we stopped by at the Cloister of the Récollets. This gorgeous square in old town Bergerac that hosts jazz concerts and all sorts of lovely evenings.

I have mixed feelings about leaving France, but i am also eager to get onto the next journey. The part of my army upbringing that is responsible for me adjusting to new people and situations, is also responsible for me being able to let go of things rather easily. Or maybe to know that every beginning has an end, that every station in life is temporary. When it has taught you what it wanted to, you have to pack up and leave to your next destination and to the next set of learnings. That is what i usually end up feeling about leaving places. People not so much, they stay with me a tad bit longer, but very rarely have I had crazy nostalgia about a place. i miss certain aspects of living in Singapore - Teh C and Kaya Toast is one of them but I do not crave for the life I lead there. I see that as a chapter that is closed and parts of it as being inaccessible, and I move on - mentally and physically.

As much as it pains me to say it. Tomorrow is the last day for me to enjoy some more croissants. And then, Im off sugar and butter until the end of the year ! Just joking - maybe I'll start post my birthday for a month. Maybe, peut être.

Bonne Nuit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zindagi Migzara.

Har ghadi badal rahi hai roop zindagi Chhaaon hai kabhi kabhi hai dhoop zindagi ~~Javed Akhtar, Kal ho Na Ho This is a post I will HAVE to name after my blog, simply because no other phrase can capture the true meaning of what I will try my best to express in words in this one. It all started on the Third Floor balcony of Omega, Hyderabad. And the best part is the fact that we didn't even know that we had started something new. We went through months of dilemma and denial while deep down both of us just knew. As a very dear friend puts it we had the 'connection' , but we were yet to discover it. Days, Nights, and months went by, before we realized. In fact more than 'realization', we accepted that we meant a lot more to each other. Today when people ask me for a time,date and place and what, where, how, when. I am clueless. Because it was not love at first sight, it was even more beautiful than that. A friendship that both of us treasured to th...

Flat No. 2

Aye dil hai mushkil Jeena yahan Zara hat ke Zara bach ke, Yeh hai Bombay meri jaan Ha haa, ha ho ho, ho hi haa ha haa Hm hm hm hm, hm hm hm , hm hm hm hm hm Aye dil hai mushkil Jeena yahan Zara hat ke Zara bach ke, Yeh hai Bombay meri jaan ~~CID ~~Majrooh Sultanpuri When I left home and came to Hyderabad, I was both scared and excited. Scared because I was staying away from home for the first time end excited for exactly the same reason! Everything about Hyderabad excited me, the job, the city, the prospect of finding a new house, setting up that house, deciding who to live with, new friends, basically a completely new life.I met my first roommate in the guest house, when we decided we would live together, we don't know. We were the only ones joining that week and naturally bonded. We went looking for houses together and found one we liked and decided on that one. I stayed in that house for 11 months, shared a room. I loved that house, i liked the loc...

Delhi-6 / Dilli-6

ज़र्रे ज़र्रे में उसे का नूर हैं झांक खुदमे वह न तुझसे दूर हैं इश्क़ हैं उससे तोह सबसे इश्क़ कर इश्क़ हैं उससे तोह सबसे इश्क़ कर इस इबादत में यही दस्तूर हैं इस में उस में और उस में हैं वही इस में उस में और उस में हैं वही यार मेरा हर तरफ भरपूर हैं ~~ Prasooon Joshi ~ Delhi 6 A delightful change from the usual Bollywood flicks, Delhi 6 is an interesting musical based on the Old Delhi area of the national capital. 11000 6 is the pincode for OdlDelhi and that's where the movie gets it's name from. However, I am sure a lot of the flks who watched the movie would have rather titled it "Kaala Bandar" instead. The story revolves around the culture shock that the protagonist Roshan (Abhishek Bachchan) goes through when he travels from the US to India to leave his terminally ill grandmother (Waheeda Rahman), who wants to spend her last days in the city she has spent her life in. the movie takes you through the day to day lives of the residents of D...