Skip to main content

Goodbye 29 - July 13


Crazy night. After many years, I worked 24 hours straight for something I loved. Quite spectacular. Equally exhausting. What I need is to re-read The Alchemist. Sadly, when i packed my life up in Singapore, I also packed this little gem. I need to re-learn to trust the omens and also trust the universe. Shah Rukh Khan quoted one of those dialogues in Om Shanti Om : When you want something, the whole universe will conspire together to help you get it. Today someone said to me, "you don't know what you want and what you are searching for, why don't you take your notebook and go to the rice-fields amidst inspiration and write about that". Maybe, I'll do that tomorrow. And they also said, "it's time i stopped listening to my heart." and that makes me a little sad.

I will end this post with the message i am ending my twenties with :

To dream is different from desiring to realize your dreams....to realize your dreams has its ups and downs called living your great life.
~ Paulo Cohelo, The Alchemist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zindagi Migzara.

Har ghadi badal rahi hai roop zindagi Chhaaon hai kabhi kabhi hai dhoop zindagi ~~Javed Akhtar, Kal ho Na Ho This is a post I will HAVE to name after my blog, simply because no other phrase can capture the true meaning of what I will try my best to express in words in this one. It all started on the Third Floor balcony of Omega, Hyderabad. And the best part is the fact that we didn't even know that we had started something new. We went through months of dilemma and denial while deep down both of us just knew. As a very dear friend puts it we had the 'connection' , but we were yet to discover it. Days, Nights, and months went by, before we realized. In fact more than 'realization', we accepted that we meant a lot more to each other. Today when people ask me for a time,date and place and what, where, how, when. I am clueless. Because it was not love at first sight, it was even more beautiful than that. A friendship that both of us treasured to th...

Flat No. 2

Aye dil hai mushkil Jeena yahan Zara hat ke Zara bach ke, Yeh hai Bombay meri jaan Ha haa, ha ho ho, ho hi haa ha haa Hm hm hm hm, hm hm hm , hm hm hm hm hm Aye dil hai mushkil Jeena yahan Zara hat ke Zara bach ke, Yeh hai Bombay meri jaan ~~CID ~~Majrooh Sultanpuri When I left home and came to Hyderabad, I was both scared and excited. Scared because I was staying away from home for the first time end excited for exactly the same reason! Everything about Hyderabad excited me, the job, the city, the prospect of finding a new house, setting up that house, deciding who to live with, new friends, basically a completely new life.I met my first roommate in the guest house, when we decided we would live together, we don't know. We were the only ones joining that week and naturally bonded. We went looking for houses together and found one we liked and decided on that one. I stayed in that house for 11 months, shared a room. I loved that house, i liked the loc...

Delhi-6 / Dilli-6

ज़र्रे ज़र्रे में उसे का नूर हैं झांक खुदमे वह न तुझसे दूर हैं इश्क़ हैं उससे तोह सबसे इश्क़ कर इश्क़ हैं उससे तोह सबसे इश्क़ कर इस इबादत में यही दस्तूर हैं इस में उस में और उस में हैं वही इस में उस में और उस में हैं वही यार मेरा हर तरफ भरपूर हैं ~~ Prasooon Joshi ~ Delhi 6 A delightful change from the usual Bollywood flicks, Delhi 6 is an interesting musical based on the Old Delhi area of the national capital. 11000 6 is the pincode for OdlDelhi and that's where the movie gets it's name from. However, I am sure a lot of the flks who watched the movie would have rather titled it "Kaala Bandar" instead. The story revolves around the culture shock that the protagonist Roshan (Abhishek Bachchan) goes through when he travels from the US to India to leave his terminally ill grandmother (Waheeda Rahman), who wants to spend her last days in the city she has spent her life in. the movie takes you through the day to day lives of the residents of D...