Skip to main content

Your Symphony






Leave me out with the waste

This is not what I do
It's the wrong kind of place to be thinking of you...
It's the wrong time 
For somebody new
-Damien Rice (9 Crimes)

Music touches feelings that words can not. 

I believe in this statement. More than anything else  in my life.  This is exactly why I believed in something that never existed. Interpreted words in songs the way you probably never meant them to be. Feelings that never existed outside of my dreams and my world. I refused to listen to anything or anyone. It was a wave of euphoria that was carrying me through everything that I had only dreamt about. And I did not want to get down from that ride. And sometimes when it felt like my dreams were far, I heard those songs over and over again. I waited with utmost patience  because I knew that I would prove everyone wrong. I knew it in my heart.  And that you were my only hope.
And when I realised I was wrong, I still tried to fight. With myself, with those who questioned what I believed in. They always said and they still do- "They were just songs, how could you be so dumb." And I listened to it all in numb muted silence. You left me nothing to defend myself and my dreams with. Nothing to defend you with. There was absolutely no point in trying to convince them and ask them to see the world the way I saw it. The way  you showed it to me.  You sang to me the song of my heart. Over and Over again. And I hoped against hope. Prayed for something that "was never meant to be".
Then it hit me. To say the least , it was "earth-shattering". In many ways than one. It was the reason I decided to leave Delhi, and seek new faces and places, new things and wings, new songs  to sing, and leave back the memories the old ones bring. A whole new life to look forward to, and most importantly to get away from you. 
I did. I left the music behind. Those words that once fooled me, now fall through me. It's now far far away. 
I can't go back. But I still believe in your songs. I still know in my heart that I was right. That you were right. And that Music will always always touch feelings that words can not.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Zindagi Migzara.

Har ghadi badal rahi hai roop zindagi Chhaaon hai kabhi kabhi hai dhoop zindagi ~~Javed Akhtar, Kal ho Na Ho This is a post I will HAVE to name after my blog, simply because no other phrase can capture the true meaning of what I will try my best to express in words in this one. It all started on the Third Floor balcony of Omega, Hyderabad. And the best part is the fact that we didn't even know that we had started something new. We went through months of dilemma and denial while deep down both of us just knew. As a very dear friend puts it we had the 'connection' , but we were yet to discover it. Days, Nights, and months went by, before we realized. In fact more than 'realization', we accepted that we meant a lot more to each other. Today when people ask me for a time,date and place and what, where, how, when. I am clueless. Because it was not love at first sight, it was even more beautiful than that. A friendship that both of us treasured to th...

Flat No. 2

Aye dil hai mushkil Jeena yahan Zara hat ke Zara bach ke, Yeh hai Bombay meri jaan Ha haa, ha ho ho, ho hi haa ha haa Hm hm hm hm, hm hm hm , hm hm hm hm hm Aye dil hai mushkil Jeena yahan Zara hat ke Zara bach ke, Yeh hai Bombay meri jaan ~~CID ~~Majrooh Sultanpuri When I left home and came to Hyderabad, I was both scared and excited. Scared because I was staying away from home for the first time end excited for exactly the same reason! Everything about Hyderabad excited me, the job, the city, the prospect of finding a new house, setting up that house, deciding who to live with, new friends, basically a completely new life.I met my first roommate in the guest house, when we decided we would live together, we don't know. We were the only ones joining that week and naturally bonded. We went looking for houses together and found one we liked and decided on that one. I stayed in that house for 11 months, shared a room. I loved that house, i liked the loc...

Delhi-6 / Dilli-6

ज़र्रे ज़र्रे में उसे का नूर हैं झांक खुदमे वह न तुझसे दूर हैं इश्क़ हैं उससे तोह सबसे इश्क़ कर इश्क़ हैं उससे तोह सबसे इश्क़ कर इस इबादत में यही दस्तूर हैं इस में उस में और उस में हैं वही इस में उस में और उस में हैं वही यार मेरा हर तरफ भरपूर हैं ~~ Prasooon Joshi ~ Delhi 6 A delightful change from the usual Bollywood flicks, Delhi 6 is an interesting musical based on the Old Delhi area of the national capital. 11000 6 is the pincode for OdlDelhi and that's where the movie gets it's name from. However, I am sure a lot of the flks who watched the movie would have rather titled it "Kaala Bandar" instead. The story revolves around the culture shock that the protagonist Roshan (Abhishek Bachchan) goes through when he travels from the US to India to leave his terminally ill grandmother (Waheeda Rahman), who wants to spend her last days in the city she has spent her life in. the movie takes you through the day to day lives of the residents of D...