Skip to main content

the things we shared.




We shared a life
You and I
Our dreams, fears and playlists
We went from conversations that lasted whole nights
To a dawn where we no longer speak.

We shared a home,
You and I
Choose curtains, pillow covers & lampshades.
We went from unpacking carton boxes with our stuff together
To labelling them with separate addresses.

We shared our travels
You and I
Selecting destinations, flights & hotels.
We went from spending weeks planning together
To solo vacations, for soul searching.

We shared a friendship
You and I
Cackling laughter over nonsensical jokes & many cups of chai.
We went from being best friends
To you never wanting to ever talk to me again.

We shared peace
You and I
The kind found when staring at stars or gazing at the sea.
We went from feeling deep contentment,
To, me : immense guilt, and you : hatred.

We shared love
You and I,
The one we fought so hard to keep and the one that I broke.
We went from looking into each other's’ eyes
To walking past each other without a glance.

We shared a ring
You and I,
It was inscribed with words that brought us together
We went from promises of a fairy tale forever,
To my ring empty finger.

We shared everything,
You and I
The four seasons : summer, winter, autumn and fall.
We went from being someone,
To being no one and nothing at all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zindagi Migzara.

Har ghadi badal rahi hai roop zindagi Chhaaon hai kabhi kabhi hai dhoop zindagi ~~Javed Akhtar, Kal ho Na Ho This is a post I will HAVE to name after my blog, simply because no other phrase can capture the true meaning of what I will try my best to express in words in this one. It all started on the Third Floor balcony of Omega, Hyderabad. And the best part is the fact that we didn't even know that we had started something new. We went through months of dilemma and denial while deep down both of us just knew. As a very dear friend puts it we had the 'connection' , but we were yet to discover it. Days, Nights, and months went by, before we realized. In fact more than 'realization', we accepted that we meant a lot more to each other. Today when people ask me for a time,date and place and what, where, how, when. I am clueless. Because it was not love at first sight, it was even more beautiful than that. A friendship that both of us treasured to th...

Flat No. 2

Aye dil hai mushkil Jeena yahan Zara hat ke Zara bach ke, Yeh hai Bombay meri jaan Ha haa, ha ho ho, ho hi haa ha haa Hm hm hm hm, hm hm hm , hm hm hm hm hm Aye dil hai mushkil Jeena yahan Zara hat ke Zara bach ke, Yeh hai Bombay meri jaan ~~CID ~~Majrooh Sultanpuri When I left home and came to Hyderabad, I was both scared and excited. Scared because I was staying away from home for the first time end excited for exactly the same reason! Everything about Hyderabad excited me, the job, the city, the prospect of finding a new house, setting up that house, deciding who to live with, new friends, basically a completely new life.I met my first roommate in the guest house, when we decided we would live together, we don't know. We were the only ones joining that week and naturally bonded. We went looking for houses together and found one we liked and decided on that one. I stayed in that house for 11 months, shared a room. I loved that house, i liked the loc...

Dilwale Dulhaniya..

"Na jaane mere dil ko kya ho gaya Abhi to yahin tha, abhi kho gaya Ho gaya hai tujkho to pyaar sajna Laakh kar le tu inkaar sajna Dildaar sajna, hai yeh pyaar sajna" ~~Anand Bakshi ~Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge If you grew up in the 90s in India and were a Bollywood fan, you would definitely have watched DDLJ and wished Shah Rukh and Kajol were married in real life. Simran was one such girl. When DDLJ released in October in 1995, Simran was only 10 years old. Her father, a Major in the Indian Army came home one evening and called her name. "Simran, Sim Run!" he said. One of Simran's favorite-est moments in the day was her fathor returning home at 5:30pm from work. She came running, her mom joined her from the kitchen, she was eager too! When the two lights of Maj. Khanna's life, were in front of him, he grinned and held up tickets. These weren't jazzy tickets from INOX or PVR or the other cinema houses. These were tickets from the Army Op...